Background

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

20 weeks - Half way there!

When I first found out I was pregnant between 4 and 5 weeks, 20 weeks seemed forever away!  And now here it is and it seems as if time has *flown* by!  We have been so busy with school, work, and life that time is just passing so quickly.  So I have been told, the last 20 weeks goes even quicker, which is a tad frightening to me.  I am so very much looking forward to being a mom; however, I am terrified to think I am going to be responsible for taking care of this little life.   

Yesterday, we had our 20 week check up with the doctor and our first ultrasound.  The doctors office told me at my last appointment to come with a full bladder...so I did!  When the ultrasound tech finally called us back, she had the ultrasound thing on me for less than 5 seconds before saying, "Holy full bladder!"  I laughed which hurt because it was *very* full.  She said it wasn't necessary and allowed me to empty my bladder, which I was thankful for, especially after she was pressing all over my belly... I never would have made it:)  As she proceeded with the ultrasound she checked all the baby's organs, brain, arms, legs, heart, etc.  We were so thankful that everything checked out to be looking good!  Baby E is facing down so she had a very hard time getting a good picture of its face.  This explains why I am so uncomfortable today because the baby is pressing on my lower back.  It was so neat to see the baby moving and active on the ultrasound machine!  Seeing the baby makes everything a little more real but it is still unbelievable that my body is capable of carrying this little human!  God truly is amazing!  

Baby E has most certainly been active since the end of my 18th week.  I can feel it moving throughout the day and just this past week, Ryan has actually been able to feel it moving.  Last night he was able to feel two really good kicks:)  I love seeing the excitement in his face when he feels it move!


The first picture is of Baby E's face.  The second picture you can see that Baby E is face down ((its spine is running along the top)).

 Here is a picture of Baby E's little foot...its legs were crossed so we probably wouldn't have been able to find out the sex if we had wanted to.  The next picture is of Baby E's ear and hand. 
 These two pictures are of Baby E's face with its hand resting on its head.  Can you see his hand/arm, belly and face?
 Here I am at 19 weeks.  This outfit has become my favorite because it is so so comfortable!
 And here I am at 20 weeks....notice the outfit ((Yes, I only changed my tank top:) ))
 We hope that you are all doing well!  Please continue to pray for Baby E that it keeps growing and remains healthy and happy!  Thank you again for all your love and support! <3

Much Love,

Liz & Baby E

No comments:

Post a Comment