Background

Monday, August 15, 2011

35 weeks

Well,  we are officially at 35 weeks!  Can you believe it?  I feel like I can't stop saying how much I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone!  We have 2 weeks until I'm considered full term and 5 weeks until my official due date!  Wow!  So crazy!  I spent the last week organizing and washing and getting what I can ready for the baby.  I am amazed at how blessed we are to have such wonderful family and friends to spoil this baby so far.  We are so lucky!:) 

We spent a good chunk of Saturday at a Childbirth Blitz class held at Dupont Hospital ((where we are delivering)).  It was a free class so we figured at worst, we would just be wasting time, but we didn't feel that at all.  The two ladies who taught the class were so helpful and knowledgeable.  There were around 20 other couples there with us.  There were a good mix of people due before us and some due after us.  We learned so much about how my body is preparing to deliver, and so much about what will happen once I start going into labor.  We are blessed with so many family and friends to give us their advice and experience but since everybody has a different experience, it was nice to have the by the book information about what I might experience.  


After the class, we had our maternity pictures taken by my lovely sister-in-law Carole Moreno Photography.  We had so much fun and laughed so much.   We went to Matea Park in Fort Wayne and walked the trails to find some good spots.  I am sooooo not a nature person because I haaaaate bugs!  But I was brave:)  We finished up JUST in time for the storm to roll in.  I can't wait to see the pictures!! I know there were some good ones in there!!:)  Thanks, Carole, for putting up with us!!!:)

This week will consist of more organizing, more sewing, and more relaxing.  I am trying to take advantage of this down time without feeling guilty.  I am such an on the go person all the time, I have a hard time just winding down and relaxing when I'm not pregnant.  Now that I'm almost 9 months pregnant, it has been hard for me to just rest and relax.  I know I'll never get this time back so I think I'll try to enjoy it a little more:)   

I have a doctors appointment on Thursday so hopefully everything is still going smoothly:)  This baby seems to be doing very well!  It is crazy active most days but has enjoyed stretching out and shoving its feet in my ribs at night so I wake up with some sore ribs most days.  I still don't sleep a whole lot of consistent hours.  I'm still feeling pretty good.  My back is in pain some days.  And my feet are getting sore after standing for too long. And swollen.  But I see a light at the end of the tunnel so I can handle it. 



Keep us in your thoughts and prayers!! 

8monthlove,

Liz & Baby E

No comments:

Post a Comment