Background

Sunday, June 19, 2011

27 weeks && How I met my husband:)

Hello 27 Weeks!  This is the last week of the 2nd trimester!  Next week begins the end of the journey of my first pregnancy!  I can't believe this is 2/3 of the way over already!  This week has brought some amazing movement with the baby!  It was very active early on this week and we are feeling and seeing so much movement!  It is just amazing to me to see and feel this little miracle.  Besides some minor aches and pains, this week has been good.  It was a cooler week so the weather didn't seem to bother me much.  This week is supposed to be in the 80's and humid!  I go to the doctor this Friday for my 28 week check up and 1 hour glucose test so I'll have an update next week!  Tomorrow (June 20)  Ryan and I will celebrate our 3 year dating anniversary!  This date is very special to us and changed our lives forever.  So in honor of that anniversary, I decided to tell you how we met:)  Enjoy this little love story and we'll see you next week!


So with every relationship, everyone asks, "So, how did you two meet?"  Such a good question that we aren't exactly sure about:)  Ryan and I met in 2001 through mutual friends Justin, Kirk, and Michelle.  We have no idea what day it was, where we were at, or what we were doing.  Good story, huh!?:)  We do remember events that we were at together.  Like my graduation party in 2003.  Okay, so we didn't really remember this but when my cousin Laurie was going through pictures at her house ((because she thought she remembered meeting Ryan previously)), we came across these two pictures.  See the tall skinny man on the left.  Yes that is Ryan:)  Hasn't changed much, has he!?



Here we were at one of our many trips to Steak N' Shake followed by a trip to Meijer in 2001.


We do, however, remember how we re-met in June 2008.  June 20th to be exact.  A few weeks earlier I was driving to my parking lot downtown Indianapolis for work at 8:00 a.m. and *thought* I saw Ryan walking down Pennsylvania St.  I took about three glances because I hadn't seen him in a few years and couldn't believe, if it really was him, that it really was him(make sense?:)).  I thought he lived in Indy but thought it couldn't have been him; there is no way out of all the people living in Indy, downtown, at 8:00 a.m., I see him out of the corner of my eye walking while I'm driving. Do you believe in fate yet:)  So of course, I went on my way to work and later that week, I jumped on the oh so popular social networking site Facebook and left a message on Ryan's wall.  After we exchanged a few messages and realized we worked about a half of mile from each other, we decided to meet up for a drink.  Both of us were thinking it would be one of those "Call me", "Let's grab drinks" etc. and then it would never happen.  But I called him and made plans for Friday, June 20th, 2008 to meet up for a drink at Howl at the Moon.  


We met up that Friday evening for an hour or two and the conversation couldn't have gone any better.  I had a huge grin on my face the entire time, and truth be told, I didn't want to leave but had to because I had a previous commitment.  Before I left, I made Ryan pinky swear we would hang out again.  Dorky, yes, I know, but it obviously charmed him because that Sunday he texted me asking me to come over to watch a movie.  This followed by lunch on the circle on Monday and pizza and a movie at his house on Tuesday evening.  During this time, I couldn't quite figure out if we were just friends hanging out or if this was going to be the beginning of something.  I wasn't quite sure what I was thinking and I most certainly had no idea what he was thinking.  I just knew I had so much fun being with him no matter what we did, but this wasn't anything I didn't already knew since I had always loved hanging out with Justin, Kirk, and Ryan while in high school.  


So then Ryan got up the courage to ask me out on Tuesday evening before we started to watch a movie on our first official date.  I of course said yes and he began planning the best first date a girl could ask for.  He first, knowing my picky-ness, sent me menus for 10 local restaurants so I could give him an idea of a few restaurants I would eat at and then he chose the restaurant off my list, and could still surprise me that evening.  So on Saturday, June 28, 2008, he took me to Weber Grill, took me on a walk on the canal, and then we went to the Greenwood fireworks where he set up a blanket, bottle of wine, and music and we watched the fireworks and talked for hours.  From then on, we were pretty much inseparable.  A fun little fact - exactly one year later after this first official date, Ryan asked me to be his wife!  He didn't even plan it that way but it worked out perfectly.  Another fun little fact - July 3 was the day we "officially" said we were a couple ... and 2 years later we got married on that date.  Cheesy, I know:)  


So here we are 3 years after we first re-met and things couldn't be any better.  Every day is always so much fun.  On many occasions I find myself crying I'm laughing so hard.  I constantly feel loved and safe when I am with him.  He was a wonderful boyfriend & fiance, and he has proved to be the best husband I could have ever dreamed of.  I know that he will make a great daddy, too.  
Our first official date:)

Anniversary Love,

Liz & Baby E

No comments:

Post a Comment