Background

Monday, April 11, 2011

Seventeen Weeks

Are we really at 17 weeks already!?  This pregnancy has certainly flown by! I can't believe I am almost half way through my pregnancy:)  Not much is new this week!   I am in the "awkward" phase of the pregnancy where my regular clothes are getting tight/don't fit and my maternity clothes are still too big!  The most comfortable thing to wear are sweats and sundresses.  If this crazy Indiana weather would get warm and stay warm, I could wear my dresses more.  Until then, I continue to squeeze into my jeans:)  


Soo in this post, I thought I would include the story of how Ryan and I found out we were pregnant.  Well where to begin.... So Ryan and I found out we were pregnant on January 11 of this year.  We had just returned from a trip to Colorado for my friends wedding and just started another semester of school.  I had normal PMS symptoms so I wasn't thinking anything different.  I was extremely tired but I am always tired adjusting to my new semester schedule so I didn't think anything of it.  I am extremely regular so when I was 2 days late I had a hunch what it might be.  As my brain started moving a mile a minute, I remember how nauseous I was in Colorado but thought it was due to altitude sickness. 

Sooo after falling asleep in my Tuesday classes and dragging at work, I decided to take the plunge and buy the pregnancy test.  I couldn't handle the uncertainty anymore... I had to know.  I came home, kissed Ryan and went off to the bathroom.  I hadn't told him yet that I was late or even worried about being pregnant.  So I went into the bathroom, took the test and in a matter of seconds, there they were ...2 pink lines!  My jaw dropped and my mouth just laid wide open in disbelief.  Part of my wanted to run out to Ryan and share the news, part of me wanted to find a creative way to tell him with an "I love my Daddy" bib or an IU onesie.  So I picked my jaw up off the floor and exited the bathroom.  And it just so happened that Ryan had an *awful* day.  So as he told me how is day went and I listened ((or tried to listen but couldn't really focus considering the fact I just found out we were pregnant!)), I decided I would turn his bad day, good:)  And so I told him.  Just like that.  It wasn't creative or anything, which disappoints me, but I just couldn't keep the news in any longer!  And just to be on the safe side I took 2 more tests the next day ... and both times, they were positive almost immediately! 


And soo here we are at 17 weeks:)  Happy as can be!!  Although this wasn't in our plan, obviously God has something different in mind for us.  We are more than blessed to have this baby on the way.  We can't wait for the next 23 weeks to go by so we can hold this precious little peanut.  I've dreamed of being a mom my whole life and it's finally coming true!  Keep praying for Baby E!  We love you all!

17weeklove,

Liz & Baby E

No comments:

Post a Comment