Background

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Elise Margaret - 1 month

Okay, So I'm probably beating a dead horse, but time is going by REALLY quickly!  Almost too quickly if you ask me!  I still am in disbelief that I was pregnant this year and it is already over.  And that Elise is already 1 month old!  I would like to find a machine to make time go a little bit slower so I can snuggle with her as long as I'd like.  I have truly enjoyed being a mommy this past month.  Elise is by far the best thing to happen to me and Ryan and we are enjoying every minute with her.  She is changing so much every day/week!  

Breastfeeding is going sooooo much better with her!  I am so happy that I decided to attend a breastfeeding support group meeting at the hospital up here in Carmel and have continued to go.  It has truly made a huge difference in our feedings and it is starting to feel more and more natural and less stressful.  We are going to start introducing her to a bottle soon so that mommy can get away from the house for more than an hour and daddy can spend some QT with Elise without worry about her waking up before mommy gets home and her screaming til I can feed her!  Aaand so that mommy and daddy can celebrate with mommy's favorite red wine that daddy surprised her with! (Side note:  I'm not DYING to have a drink by any means, but a glass of red wine sure sounds delicious!)


Elise is growing just wonderfully!  We have her 1 month appointment on Friday so we'll see her official 1 month stats but as of last Thursday she is up to 9lbs 12oz!  She has officially grown out of her newborn diapers and newborn clothes.  Her 3 month pants are a little big around the waist but they work!  She is sooo long and skinny like her daddy!  

We are going to be working on getting her on more of a 'schedule' in these next few weeks.  She has been battling thrush so sleeping has been a little bit of a challenge.  Thankfully, she's been on her medicine for 5 days now and I think things are getting to be better.  I'm hopeful they'll continue to get better!  I think she has hit a growth spurt too because she has had a few nights of only going 2-3 hours between feedings instead of 5.  Mommy is begging for more than an hour or two of sleep at a time.  


We successfully had our first weekend back in Fort Wayne last weekend and I'd say we all did very well!  We packed appropriately with clothes and diapers and she did well with all the traveling.  As long as she is full and has a clean diaper, she sleeps sooooo well in the car!  I'm so thankful of that because she has many of trips back and forth to Fort Wayne in her future!:) 

Not much else to report here!  But here is our little cutie:)  Her hair is still wild and crazy but I *LOVE* it!






OneMonthLove,

Liz & Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment