Background

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Elise - 3weeks

I can't believe Elise is already 3 weeks old!  Time sure has flown by!  Some days I feel like she was just born, and some days it feels like she has been around forever!  Things are going very well around here as we are adjusting to life as parents:)  Despite the lack of sleep we've been getting, we are still on cloud 9.  These past few days, she has actually been sleeping a little longer at night so I've welcomed the extra sleep.  I have been exclusively breastfeeding and we have definitely had our ups and downs.  I've been discouraged and struggled and shed a few tears but last Thursday I went to a breastfeeding support group and it was *SO* helpful.  There were about 15 other women there with babies that ranged from 8 days to 4 months and many of them had the same issues as me.  It was encouraging for me to be able to weigh her and see she is actually gaining weight.  And it was nice to be able to ask my questions and get some helpful answers.  I have plenty of people in my life I've been able to rely on and I'm so thankful and blessed to have them.  This week has gotten better and I'm hopeful that things can only go up from here!  

I've finally started feeling 100% better myself.  Ryan, Elise, and I have been taking a walk just about every day around the neighborhood which has helped me *start* the journey of getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I can't wait to be able to really start working out and losing this weight!  I have really enjoyed my time at home with Elise so far and I'm so glad I'm able to have this time at home with her.  Although some days, I'm lucky if I get a shower or brush my teeth, we are starting to get a little more of a routine down and these are starting to be daily occurrences.  


I can't get the picture to load horizontally but I thought it was adorable!:)  We hope you are all doing wel!

<3 


No comments:

Post a Comment