Background

Sunday, March 20, 2011

14 weeks

We are finally here! Officially out of the first and scary trimester and onto the second and best trimester (or so I hear)!  We are so thankful and blessed for these past 14 weeks.  Although I am relieved the second trimester is finally here, the first was really that not awful.  I was very lucky and had no morning sickness the entire time.  I had little bits of nausea here and there but nothing that knocked me down.  We have finally let the cat out of the bag and shared our good news with our family and friends...and yes, even the Facebook world:)  We had to laugh that each time we told someone, we had to stress heavily that we weren't posting anything on Facebook yet.  And how paranoid we got every day checking Facebook hoping no one has spoiled the surprise yet!   But we are loving have the news out and open to the world so we no longer have to keep any secrets.

I am certainly visibly pregnant with a definite bump.  I have a very short torso so I am only growing out!:)  I can no longer button my pants so I have been using the "Be Band" to keep them up until I decide to dive into maternity pants.  I am also loving wearing sweatpants when I can because they are extremely comfy now that my belly is growing.  I have bought a few maternity shirts and pants but have borrowed a ton, too!  I'm so thankful for such wonderful friends and family that have offered so much to us already.  We have another doctors appointment next Monday.  It will be a quick one, they said.  Just a check up and another listen to the heartbeat.  I must say that hearing that heartbeat the first time just melted my heart:)  I cannot wait to hear it again!

So we decided to create this blog to keep family and friends up to date with my pregnancy.  We'll post pictures and updates here and just keep you in the loop with our preparation with becoming parents.  All we ask is that you keep us in your prayers.  Please pray that Baby E (as we are referring to him/her until the little peanut arrives) continues to grow and remain healthy and please pray that I remain a healthy little home for the next 26 weeks.  And please pray that Ryan and I may prepare to be the best parents we can be!

Here are a few pictures of my growing belly during the first trimester.  Ryan has been taking my picture everyday so please excuse my lovely wardrobe and looks while this was during winter, ice and snow storms, and pure laziness:)  Sundays were pretty much the day I didn't leave home ...aka didn't really get myself ready. And they happen to be the day I advance to the next week. 




 11 weeks here while in Disney World.  This was at 5:30 a.m. so please forgive my bright-eyed look:)
 Baby E and I all dressed up for St. Patty's day!
 

Lots of love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment